Back in 2010 I made a small .Net app to help me make gauges with tick marks for airplane development. I uploaded it to X-Plane.org and kinda forgot about it…I didn’t realize it actually had a little of a following.
The app was pretty limited but also very powerful in what it did do well. Biggest modern complaint was the limited resolution and the lack of vector support. I also heard a few “Where’s the Mac?” complaints!
Times have changed for me regarding my skillsets, so I decided to dust off GaugeMaker and redevelop it from the ground up in C++/Qt for cross platform capability!
I’m currently at release candidate 4 (2.0.4 RC) and ready for folks to start using this program!
- Cross Platform (Windows, Mac, and Linux if requested)
- SVG Export
- Scalable PNG export (max 4096)
- Select from Preset gauges
- Optional rounded line caps
- Optional tick count rotation with gauge angle
- Save and Load .gauge files for later use and sharing
Change List (2.0.4rc)
- Fixed bugs in loading presets
- Added Save and Load .gauge files
- Cleaned up some smaller interface bugs
Change List (2.0.3a)
- Added rounded end caps
- Added rotated tick counts
- Fixed bug causing last digit to not show
- Fixed spinbox step for outer radius of ticks